Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Impulse II


A family of three makes their up a snowy canyon to their cabin. The roads are slick and the snow is coming down hard. The dad is driving as if it’s a clear sunny day, the pregnant mother is sitting in the front worried sick that they’re going to crash. Their five year old son sits in the back watching a movie. Suddenly, the car starts to slide a little…
                                     
Mom: You need to slow down! You’re going to kill all of us!
Dad: Settle down we’ll be fine, I’ve been driving in this all my life.
Mom: Don’t tell me to settle down, you settle down your driving!
Dad: We’ll be fine we’re almost there. Just a few more minutes.
Mom: It’s not a matter of when we get there, it’s IF we get there.
Dad: Oh please. We’ll get there.
Mom: Why are you so stubborn? Would it hurt to slow down just a little?
Dad: I’m not the stubborn one! Yes, it would hurt.
Mom: Well suck it up and slow down!
Dad: You know, you’re the one that’s going to make me crash unless you stop bothering me. I need to pay attention.
Mom: No kidding, and go slower.
(car slides a little again.)
Mom: Slow down!
Dad: What?
Mom: Go slower!
Dad: (laughing) faster??
Mom: You’re pathetic.
Silence….
Mom: If you’re not going to slow down, you let me out and I’m walking the rest of the way.
Dad: (takes his eyes off the road and looks at her in disbelief)
(car slides off the road)
Dad: (after they’re stuck on the side of the road) see I told you that you were going to distract me!

No comments:

Post a Comment